This week was another big week for Fresh Fork (*). We got Tex-Mex themed food this week, hence the corn chips the other day.
I decided to make some fresh salsa with some of the beautiful produce this week. This is a simple recipe, but it's surprisingly reminiscent of a Chipotle burrito. (Yum!!) Make this and you'll be the hit of the (healthy) party.
We had this salsa in tacos tonight. It would also be great with chips, on a burger or to top a salad. This is what summer should taste like.
Black Bean Salsa
Makes about 6 cups
- 1 cup (dried) black beans, prepared according to package instructions*
- 3 garlic scapes, diced*
- 1 can sweet corn or kernels from one ear of corn
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 tomatoes, diced (with seeds and as much liquid as possible removed)*
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro, diced*
- 1 small can green chiles (I used mild, but spicy would be good too)
- 1 tbsp lime juice